It's Easy to Submit Your Own Metal Cards Artwork
We have created a set of comprehensive downloadable guidelines to help you with your metal card artwork, or metal product setup. This documentation provides you with useful information about how to correctly create and set up your artwork so that it is suitable for production. Please read and follow the below artwork guidelines carefully to ensure you receive the best results each time you submit your artwork.
All artwork must be setup in VECTOR format.
Please note the following important points:
- Standard stainless steel metal card size: 85mm x 54mm (2mm rounded corners)
- Standard black matt metal card size: 85mm x 54mm (2mm rounded corners)
- Standard gold plated metal card size: 85mm x 54mm (2mm rounded corners)
- Standard vintage copper finish card size: 85mm x54mm (2mm rounded corners)
- Ultimate bottle opener metal card size: 85mm x 54mm (1mm rounded corners)
- Premium bottle opener metal card size: 85mm x 54mm (3mm rounded corners)
- Standard metal dog tag size is: 28mm x 50mm
- Standard metal key ring size is: 25mm x 60mm
- Standard metal invitation size is: 148mm x 210mm (2mm rounded corners)
- Etching: no line thickness less than 0.2mm. Keep large areas of etching to a minimum. Leave at least 0.3mm of space (no etching) between any etched areas and printing/cut-through shapes.
- Printing: no line thickness less than 0.2mm. Leave at least 0.3mm between any printing and cut-through shapes. Leave at least 0.3mm of space (no printing) between any printed areas and etching/cut-through shapes.
- Cut-through: No cut-through holes/shapes less than 0.5mm (for 0.35mm cards), 0.6mm (for 0.5mm cards) and 0.8mm (for 0.8mm cards). Keep all cut-through shapes structurally sturdy. Keep at least 0.3mm of clear space between any cut-through shapes and printing/etching.
- Fonts: Keep all text above 4pt
- EDGE SAFE ZONE: You must leave a 1mm border from the edge of the card where no ink, etching or cut-through can be applied.
- No drop shadows or gradients
- All file types must be in created in vector format – solid spot colours only, no drop shadows or gradients
- Acceptable file formats: .ai, .eps, .pdf
- ALL FONTS MUST BE CONVERTED TO OUTLINES
TEMPLATES AND GUIDELINES
Sample Card Shapes
Adobe Illustrator Metal Card Sample Shapes